- Noted for its commitment to Biblical authority
- Clear exposition of scripture
- Practical Application
The Apostle Paul's Letter to the Ephesians is one of the most dynamic portions of all of Scripture. Called by one commentator "the crown and climax of Pauline theology," it issues a clarion call to all who follow the Master. With its dual focus on Christ and the Church, with it's careful presentation of doctrine, then duty, it points the way to true Christian living and victory in a sin-embattled world.
In this helpful volume, Pastor Hughes provides an interesting treatment of the major themes of Ephesians:"
- The celebration of full redemption
- The mystery of a new humanity—a third race—in Christ
- The fullness of the Spirit for holy living
- The beauty of God-given roles in the home and workplace
- The implications of our position with Christ in the heavenly realms
- Resounding victory in spiritual warfare
This practical commentary on Ephesians will help challenge and equip preachers/teachers for a walk of spiritual power.
About the Author
R. Kent Hughes, Senior Pastor Emeritus of College Church in Wheaton, Illinois, earned his D.Min from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He has authored numerous books for Crossway, including a number of volumes in the popular Preaching the Word series. He is also the series editor.
The Preaching the Word Commentary is one of my favorites. The focus upon explaining the text with preaching it as the goal makes the series resonate with the priorities of the pulpit. No academic aloofness here, but down-to-earth, preacher meat for God's people.