- Each text is developed with an outline, annotations, and applications
- Scripture-synced sermons will sync with your Bibles just like your commentaries have always done in Wordsearch
- 1,800 alliterated sermon starters
If you ever just need a little help getting started on your sermons, the Butler Sermon Starters are full of ideas to help you hit the ground running in content creation.
John G. Butler is a master of sermon outlines and alliteration. He calls the volumes in this bundle "sermon starters," but they are far more than that. The Butler Sermon Starters include 1,800 alliterated sermons covering every book of the Bible. Each concentrates on a single Bible verse and contains an outline of crisply alliterated sermon (or lesson) points as only John Butler can do.
With each alliterated point, Butler offers a paragraph or two of concentrated material. These are not full-blown sermons, but they are carefully written, containing only the distilled material that you will actually use. As you read them, you’ll be encouraged to add your own illustrations, personal elements, and applications.
Details on the volumes:
- Volumes 1-5 each contain 100 Old Testaments sermons and 100 New Testament sermons.
- Volumes 1 and 4 contain at least one sermon from every book of the Bible.
- Volume 6 contains 100 sermons from Genesis and 100 sermons from Matthew.
- Volume 7 contains 200 sermons for preaching on special occasions or times of the year.
- Volume 8 contains 200 sermons on six different topics.
- Volume 9 contains sermons from every book from of the Bible.
Butler has been in ministry for a half-century, and he distills and dispenses practical wisdom that lends itself for preaching and teaching. He always explains a passage of Scripture in a new light, exposing truths that might not have been considered before.
Note: All Scripture used in this book is from the King James Version. Hebrew and Greek references are from the Hebrew and Greek MSS used for this translation.
About the Author
John G. Butler has been a Baptist minister for over half a century with "pastorates in Williamsburg, Ohio; Detroit, Michigan; Chicago, Illinois; and Clinton, Iowa. He is a veteran of the United States Navy, attended Tennessee Temple University and graduated from Cedarville University. Butler is also the author of the Bible Biography Series —a twenty-seven volume series about major Bible characters; the Studies of the Savior —a ten volume series about Jesus Christ; and, Daily Bible Reading—a unique four volume devotional series that emphasizes expository Bible study.